Located at the famous “Whales Coast”, Villa Mareas is a private Villa catering to Weddings, Yoga Retreats and Reunions.
The word Mareas means Ocean Tides, which is appropriate for the beautiful wild beaches of the “Costa Ballena” or “Whales Coast”, where the jungle meets the sea, great for surfing and water sports. Stroll through the gardens take in the Kaleidoscope of tropical flowers, or check out our resident sloth from your terrace. This is not your typical villa experience, the staff is highly trained and well educated in the Costa Rica history and surroundings; who also serve as guides greatly enriching the experience.
Villa Mareas clients include celerities such as famous quarterback of the Detroit Lions Mathew Stafford and world aclaimed designer John Barbados to name a few.
Tim Davis, the Villa manager, along with his wife Pilar, oversee the Villa Mareas team. Tim and Pilar have years of experience living in Costa Rica and will contribute a wealth of knowledge to your experience.
Villa Mareas is dedicated to creating custom fun and adventure filled itineraries for each guest, from individually designed menus to explorations of the jungle and sea to language and cultural immersion.
Costa Rica is very popular destination for weddings, a country with lush rainforest, waterfalls, wild life and adventure. Spend five to seven days creating unforgettable memories with your closest friends and family. Villa Mareas has options for fabulous entertainment and customizable wedding packages in all price ranges.
Yoga and Wellness Retreats, enjoyed among the exotic nature of Costa Rica, are the new attraction in health tourism. Mareas Yoga & Wellness Retreats take people away from their busy lives and put them back in touch with tranquility. At Mareas you are surrounded by over 400 acres of pristine rain forest.
A successful family reunion begins with picking the right place for your clan. Mareas offers accommodations and activities for people of all ages within the villa 36 acres and outside of the villa. This is a vacation that your friends and family will never forget.
pool & JACUZZI
Swim in the lap of luxury, our 1,700 sq. ft. pool is surfaced entirely in blue iridescent glass tile. Infinity edge with views of the rain forest and the pacific ocean bellow. Toucans can be seen daily from the edge of the pool as they glide in front of you to the “Manglillo" tree.
bar & dinning
The large bar is made from one tree and it is handcrafted by local artisans. Guest can bring their own beverages to enjoy the view of sunset and paradise. Open air dining with the sounds of the fervent waterfalls and view of the ocean is a spectacular way to dine.
lanai & lounge
The open sunken club house area invites you to gather with friends and family. The lanai has comfortable and well appointed furnishings for a relaxing day by the pool with oversized chaises and a dozen lounge chairs with luxurious and oversized cushions.
Easy, relaxing and inspiring; three Villas with nine unique suites and their respective en suite bathrooms are designed to provide guests with what ever they need. The Estate is 18,000 square feet and sits on 36 acres of pristine rainforest and offers trails to waterfalls and expansive views of the Pacific Ocean.
Surrounded by 400 acres of dedicated wild life sanctuary home to several troops of monkeys and exotic birds. The dramatic landscape covered in thick forest plunges down to a sandy coastline of deserted beaches and quiet coves within the incredibly lush and green jungles of the Southern Pacific Whales Coast of Costa Rica.
Watch food prepared in the open kitchen, enjoy a cocktail at our open bar or meander between the terraces along the tropical manicured gardens. The 36-Acre Estate features a spa, yoga platform, one bar, large open dining areas, 1.700 square feet infinity-edge swimming pool and many terraces.
- Infinity Pool and waterfall
- Coffee & amenities at bar in Club House Villa
- Mini refrigerators in suites 1, 3 &6 including coffee amenities
- Housekeeping Monday to Saturday
- Wireless Internet
- Trails leading you to several waterfalls on the property
- Yoga/Work out deck – Matts and equipment available
- Pacific Villa
- Suite 1: One King bed, en suite bathroom with outdoors shower and mini bar with coffee amenities.
- Suite 2: Two Queen beds, en suite bathroom with double sinks
- Suite 3: One King bed, en suite bathroom with outdoors shower and mini bar with coffee amenities.
- Suite 4: Two Queen beds, en suite bathroom with double sinks
- Jungle Villa
- Suite 5: Two Queen beds, en suite bathroom with double sinks
- Suite 6: One King bed, en suite bathroom with outdoors shower and mini bar with coffee amenities.
- Suite 7: Two Queen beds, en suite bathroom with double sinks
- Club House Villa
- Suite 8: One Queen bed, en suite bathroom; this bedroom is somewhat smaller and located upstairs of the Pool area. Garden Views
- Suite 9: 2 Single beds, en suite bathroom; this bedroom is somewhat smaller and located upstairs of the Pool area. Ocean and Pool views